Monday, April 1, 2013

And the Oscar goes to...

In my illustration class we were given an editorial illustration assignment. We had to look up trivia and fun facts that revolved around the Academy Awards and create an illustration to go along with that.

I made an inspiration board from artists that I recently found and admire.

I did some sketching:





We were supposed to try something new and step out of our comfort zones. At first I was just making things that were a straight up hot mess, but I refined it to make it into something that I liked. I'll show you my "failure" piece. I put that in quotes because it was more of a learning piece. I learned what not to do next time and got to play around with items. I didn't settle for my first solution. I kept working at it and came up with something I'm much more happy with. 


Here is the final which is hand lettered and inked then scanned in and colored in Photoshop:




No comments:

Post a Comment