Monday, April 15, 2013

#2 Final Proposal - D4M

For the project with Karl Allsop and Beth DuBoe we finally solidified the song we will be using. It's You Belong to Me by Patsy Cline
As the head set designer, I sat down with Karl to decided what sort of look and feel we were going with. I expressed interest in using very basic theater sets like in A Trip to the Moon by Georges Melies. 

And Karl was interested in using stylistic shots like in Moonrise Kingdom by Wes Anderson. 
For the set construction, I'm looking at using cardboard with wooden frames for the scenes. In the song, 4 places are mentioned, the Nile, Algiers, the ocean, and a jungle. Those places will be the main sets. Depending on how much cardboard or maybe foam core I can accumulate with out breaking the bank, will decide the amount of props and scenery we'll have. 

I have a sketch I've done of the basic layout of the scene. 



I'll be using very basic shapes to create the pyramids, waves, trees, etc. It will look very obviously like a theater set. 




No comments:

Post a Comment