Monday, April 1, 2013

#7 Pipeline Project - Snow White and Rose Red

So! This is the final week for this project. We're screening the film on Thursday in the Canzani Auditorium, CCAD, Columbus, OH at 9 AM if you'd like to join us! The other group will be showing their film as well.

For this final week, I've been primarily making sure my crew is staying on task and headed in the right direction as far as their illustrations are going.

We're making a supplement book to go with the Fairy Tale Book Trailer! Woohoo! So I did the type and layout for that.  I really wanted the text to look like an old fairy tale book.Due to much miscommunication, I ended up creating the layout for the entire book, photos included. Apparently, I was only supposed to do the pages with the type. Oh well! I just got to practice my InDesign skills more!

Here is a little sample:

Also, I picked out the typeface for the end credits of the film:


 I love typefaces and the feelings that they can provoke. I wasn't always a fan of typefaces, but lately I've been into hand lettering. A phenomenal artist who's main thing is hand lettering is Jessica Hische. She's great! 

I also learned how to print on fabric! You have to have special fabric, but it opens up another realm of experimental printing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment