Thursday, March 14, 2013

Environment Concept Art!

Howdy!

For the past few weeks in my Digital Design class we've been working on environmental concept art. We initially looked at nature for our inspiration and the shapes that are commonly found in nature. We had to think in shapes for this project.

I decided to break out my watercolors (something I rarely do for my digital classes) and I scanned in the patterns I made. I then vectorized the shapes and rearranged them to suit my fancy. I really was trying to get a sense of atmosphere and depth. I made grey scale versions of my black and white images. Then I did numerous color studies (here I've only shown a few.) Then I threw it into Photoshop and started to  paint on it. I also have been noticing that I sometimes have value issues so I was very conscious of that.

I did some variations on the final:





The process:

No comments:

Post a Comment