Monday, March 11, 2013

#4 Pipeline Project - Snow White and Rose Red

As head of Set Design, I met with my crew Alex K. and Emily M. to make the props for this project. We needed 4 swords, 1 bear costume, 3 crowns, a bag of jewels, and sword scabbards. In less than 24 hours. We don't have photographs of the final products because we're waiting to use a more professional studio like area for the props.


We hadn’t originally planned on making the swords, but due to some miscommunication issues we made swords. Thanks to some brilliant people, we figured out how to make these swords fast and cheap.  Yard sticks! And then when we rushed to woodshop, we didn’t even need a ruler. Alex was a wiz at designing and creating these. He used hot glue to make the details on the blades. We wrapped fabric and wire on the hilts for more authentic look. We used metallic spray paint to finish it off!

The bear head was constructed out of 16 gauge wire and fur. I love working with wire and I finally bought myself some nice needle nose pliers! That was exciting. Hot glue was my best friend when attaching the fur. I purchased the fur from JoAnn's. I made the eyes and nose out of Sculpey and spray painted it black. 

Emily sewed up the awesome Dwarf bag o' gems! I know sewing up burlap is a pain in the booty. She also made the Prince's crown! That was made out of wire and gems.  

Here are some photos that Alex took: 









I also made the crowns for the girls out of wire and flowers. Here are some photos of that in progress. 










No comments:

Post a Comment