Monday, March 25, 2013

#6 Pipeline Project - Snow White and Rose Red

Hello! 
We have officially finished shooting for Snow and Rose!  Working on the set, doing the set design and prop building has been such an eye opening experience. I can honestly say that this project has been the  most enjoyable project I've worked on thus far. It just reconfirmed the fact that I want to do this for a living. It's great!


We made a ton of paper roses for the opening scene of the trailer. It's a stop motion bit where the rose bushes grow. That in itself was challenging since it was winter and real rose bushes are practically dead. We were resourceful and gathered some sticks and tied them together. We used twine to attach the roses. Alex did the animation part with the videographers. 

Here are the shots of the props that I made with the Set Design Crew, Alex Kim and Emily Masley







Here is the interior of the cottage. Since I'm the Head of Set Design, I  rearranged the living spaces, redecorating as needed. The props on the table and in the kitchen were all brought and collected from members of the group.

I really enjoyed setting up everything and making it look like someone lived there. I also had to omit certain props that didn't seem to fit the look or things that the characters wouldn't have in their lives. Paying attention to detail was key!

The hardest part about doing this was making sure that no one moved or messed up anything. With a crew the size of ours it wasn't always easy.







No comments:

Post a Comment