Monday, February 11, 2013

#6 - Menagerie - D4M - The Final

Ah, the final. This piece I created is a scene inspired by the 1930’s Old Hollywood era. I created a miniature set or scaled set for a movie. The set is designed and made up of found objects. I placed figures in the scene to give it a sense of dimensionality, however, these figures are 2D characters I illustrated for the set.

The main struggle I had in making this piece was finding the right objects and making them look like things they are not. Overall, it was a fun experience and I liked designing the set and characters, but the whole miniature thing I’m not so sure about. It’s definitely easier doing something on a small scale rather than full scale though for a short project like this one. 








No comments:

Post a Comment