Monday, February 4, 2013

#4 Menagerie - D4M - 1930's Glamour

Alright! So I've decided to go with the  1930's Glamorous Hollywood scene. I thought this idea would be more challenging to create. Last week I started with a few supplies like a cardboard box, a broken rubix cube, various plastic rings, and ribbon. Since I wanted to use found objects, I was really trying to create this 1930's  Glamorous Hollywood scene with those items. I just wasn't having any luck.

I may have had a little panic attack since I had no idea what I was going to use for this project. However, I then took a trip to Goodwill and ransacked the place of their sparkly and art deco inspired items. Below are some of the goodies I picked up. I chose different glass/crystal candlestick holders and  champagne flutes. I really wanted items that gave off that over the top riches look.


I cut up a few shirts to add trim to the mini table and a cover for the seats. I took the serving plate and made it the floor. I still need to add more elements to the piece over all. Right now, the scene isn't contained within itself. I need to find a better solution to the floor/stage/carpet area. I was hoping for this scene to resemble a night club or a place to go listen to live music. Ideally, I'll have a scene with multiple levels to it.





Here is a closer look at it:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexis,
    Check out Erte: http://www.erte.com/

    ReplyDelete