Saturday, May 18, 2013

Honors Project- Arsenic and Old Lace





The image above is the final for my Honors class, the Space Between 2D and 3D. This class allowed us to explore what the space between 2D and 3D to us. For me, I love the idea of staging an environment in real life or 3D, and then photographing it so it then becomes 2D. The environment that was staged was temporary and wasn't meant to be kept forever, but the photograph is meant to last. 

I based this scene off of the play Arsenic and Old Lace. In the play, two old sweet sisters murder old men. They have a few nephews, one who thinks he is Teddy Roosevelt, another who is a criminal, and one who is about to be married. In my rendition, I have the aunts younger and they're poisoning a young man. 

My friend and excellent photographer, Karl Allsop, took the photographs for me. Thank you to everyone who helped me with this project! Tyler Dunbar, Maddie Miller, Lauren Purkhiser, and Emmett Shearer
Here are some of the rest of the photos from the shoot.  







Here are some of my sketches and an inspiration board. I was using the interior of my apartment for the shoot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment