Friday, May 10, 2013

Digital Illustration- Paper Toy- Slue Foot Sue and Pecos Bill

For the last project in my Digital Design class, my professor assigned us a fun project. We had to create paper toys based on a myth or legend.  At first, I thought I'd like to make a phoenix, but I also wanted to try to make a toy that fit my illustrative style. That, along with my love of tall tales, led me to Pecos Bill and Slue-Foot Sue!

Here are my initial sketches:







Here I practiced building other paper toy templates. This was very helpful in figuring out how I would go about constructing the toy:





I found that creating tabs that inserted into each other was more efficient than gluing and taping. 

Here is the final:




Feel free to print it out and make your own Slue- Foot Sue and Pecos Bill!



No comments:

Post a Comment