Monday, May 6, 2013

#5- D4M- The Final Project!


This project has been a whirlwind! At the beginning Karl and Beth and I were excited to recreate a scene from a play. When this proved to be too constricting for our creative minds, we sought to create a music video for our talented, Beth! This would allow us the artistic freedom in creating a music video of our choosing.

It was decided that Beth would sing “You Belong to Me”- by Patsy Cline. This song gives itself to much imagery, which I was looking forward to creating all these places that the travelling man would journey through. Karl would also get to explore a one shot style.

Making the sets out of cardboard seemed like the best solution as far as resources went. However, we had some difficulty finding enough usable cardboard. Some of the sets weren’t turning out and others were all right, but overall I was extremely worried for it. 

We experienced many troubles during this project, but the one that caused the most drastic changes was the fact that our travelling man actor backed out last minute. Now we had to come up with a different plan of action since the sets I had been making had no use. This came as a sort of relief since I couldn’t see the cardboard sets turning out too well, but now with only a few days before filming, I had to come up with some sort of set.

I went back to the drawing board and looked for ways to make a cheap, but decent at the same time! With the basic color scheme of red, white and black, I made tissue paper pom pons and had a numerous amount of balloons and glitter and confetti.

Here are some pictures of the old set pieces and the new set!











Overall, this project was extremely stressful and disastrous, but I believe it turned out extremely well. I'm so very glad to have been able to work with Beth and Karl, they are both extremely talented.  

If I were going to change anything that happened, I don't think I would because even though so many things went wrong, they were important lessons and I learned from them. I now know a bit more about how to prepare for working with cardboard or what to do when everything goes wrong! It was a great experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment