Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Tragedy at Emmitt Whistle's: Pre-Production

We chose a film!

Production Design:

For this film, I would really love to play up patterns and colors. I really believe we can make it look purposeful and impeccable. When I was out searching for the inspiration photos below, I came across an interview with Michael Wylie, production designer on Pushing Daisies.  Wylie uses color and pattern to create an indefinable time period. That's not what we're trying to do on this film, but I definitely think the way he uses pattern is brilliant and might be something we can look to for inspiration.

Here are some of the images from my pinboard on Pinterest:

I sat down with the rest of the Art Department (Ania, Heather, and Naomi), on Wednesday. We went through the script circling all the props and costume choices mentioned. We have a document that we can edit as needed. Once the script is finalized, I can go through and create a breakdown sheet for the props/costumes.

Naomi was wonderful and found a truck that we can use for the shoot. Now we just need to find a location. Ideally, the house would be a two story farmhouse with a porch and screen door in the middle of a field with a gravel driveway. I'll keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment