Monday, November 4, 2013

The Taming of the Shrew!

I have illustrated a new book cover for The Taming of the Shrew, one of my favorite Shakespearean plays! I found that most of the covers for Shakespeare's plays are rather boring and don't entice the reader to want to pick the book up! My copy of it looks like ugly wallpaper!

It needs a cover that really gets the spirit of the play across. Here is what I came up with:











I had some trouble with the gentleman in the back ground. I repainted him on a separate sheet of paper and scanned them in and placed them together to get the final. I'm not satisfied with it. It still needs some work. I think I went south when I started to rush to the final without figuring out the background properly. Now, instead of being ahead like I intended, am behind because I have to keep fixing it. 

I should've just done it right the first time. This is how you learn though! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment