Friday, September 13, 2013

Infamous Eggs


As a junior in Illustration at CCAD, we take an illustration class called Illustration Styles and Concepts with our professor, C.F. Payne. For those of you who may not know, C.F. Payne is a very talented artist from Cincinnati, OH. He is known for his caricatures and maybe even his caricatures of baseball players. He has done pieces for Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Reader's Digest, and MAD Magazine, to name a few.  

He also has developed a technique that is very unique to create his illustrations. For the infamous egg project, we were to use his technique. It all starts with the reference photos. I then worked on tracing paper to figure out the thumbnails and sketches. 

Thumbnails:

Sketches:



 The piece I turned in:


I got the piece back the other day and have to make some corrections. Once I have made those I will show you the finished piece below.

Learning from a professional is extremely valuable. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment