Friday, August 30, 2013

Enter into the Castle...


Hello! Over the past few months, I've been helping my friend and fellow artist, Anna Johnson, build sets for her church. Her church puts on huge play productions during the year and this year was their very first Vacation Bible School.  Anna asked me to help her with the some of the pieces she designed for VBS.

I only managed to get a few pics of one of the entrance pieces. The VBS had a medieval theme for the week. We also constructed and painted a HUGE castle, not pictured.

The pieces were made of cardboard sheets stapled to a wooden frame. We then used house paint to paint the stones and stained glass on. 


Anna is measuring out the bricks here. Below you can see some of the progress!



It was a really great experience building these sets with Anna. From what I heard the VBS went well too and the kids loved them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment