Thursday, January 24, 2013

#3 Menagerie Project - D4M - Color Palettes!

Here I've created a color palette for my 1930's glamour scene. I'm mainly focusing on building a scene from the 30's so I took inspiration from an existing room photograph. I have a color version and then a value study of the same palette. I have a few high key, neutral colors because this era is about the façade of riches, it almost has a gilded quality to it.


Here I have the Old West palette! I took my main source of inspiration from the landscapes around. This picture is of the Superstition Mountains in Phoenix, AZ. The desert is full of beautiful dirt, large rock formations, and different cacti. 








1 comment:

  1. As disparate as these photos are content-wise both are luminous and based on earth tones. I look forward to seeing what direction you take with your project!

    ReplyDelete