Monday, January 21, 2013

#1 Menagerie Project- Design for Media

The Menagerie Project for my Design for Media class is very open. I need to create essentially a triptych with characters from the same world and style.

 I'm toying with two concepts. The first is to continue developing some characters I used in my Storyboarding class last semester. They're cowboys with each a distinct shape characteristic to them. My initial thumbnails/sketches are below.

The other concept I have is to create a female character from different decades and showcase the iconic fashion/style each decade tends to have. I considered doing male and female characters, but male fashion doesn't change as drastically as female fashion did, and I really want to focus on drastic changes in the ideal sense of beauty throughout the decades particularly in fashion and outward appearances.

I've linked the sites to my two main influencing artists, Red Nose Studios and Skottie Young.

Ideally, I would like to create these characters in 3D. Realistically, it might come down to a time constraint and I'll just produce finished drawings of these characters. I'll have to create a timeline for myself in order to be as time efficient as possible.

Here are my initial thumbnails/sketches:




More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment