Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Tragedy at Emmitt Whistle's: Production Part 2

We have actors! But not costumes! Ali and I have been shopping all weekend for costumes and she's going out tomorrow to get the last pieces. She'll also be making Emily's dress which I'm really excited about.

We had a read through with the talent Tuesday night and got to see the Stranger outfit on, but it just isn't working. I chose a dark green color for the shirt because Emmitt and Emily both have very light colored shirts and so that each character had a different color palette. However, I didn't take into account being able to see the blood on the shirt, I was only thinking about the pants, since he gets dragged by the legs. I have to fix my mistake so that means more shopping/time spent on this. I should have gone over the stranger's outfit with Drew before I went out shopping, because I thought I had a clear idea of who the stranger was supposed to be, but I didn't. So here is the new inspiration for the stranger:

Stranger Inspiration

Drew, Heather, and Phil went to Westerville Antiques to get the last of the props and start dressing the set. I was unable to go, but I'll be headed out tomorrow to get it ready for Saturday. 


I've been trying to gather some production assistants for the art department too and I think we've got a few. I'm really excited to work with some underclassmen who are eager to work on film productions. Everyone has to start somewhere and this is such a low risk environment for them to start out in. They'll get to start building their network earlier, which I wish I could have done. 

Lots to do tonight to get ready for our weekend shoot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment