Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Tragedy at Emmitt Whistle's: Pre-Production Part 4

We have a location and it's perfect!! I am SO happy. It needs some loving though. I went out with our Director, Drew Theiss, on Wednesday to the location to get some measurements, pick paint colors, and keep cleaning everything.





I made a budget or a guess-timation really. I've made plenty of budgets before, but none so vague as this one. It's unsettling. I don't like the ambiguity of it. 

We have a costume designer now who assures me she's great with a small budget! She's very passionate and I think she's a great addition to the team. 

Balancing time is definitely hard for me, actually that's not the real problem. I have a hard time setting limits for myself. I don't like to say no to opportunities and I've had to do that quite a bit lately, but this project is the most important thing to me and I won't sacrifice it at the expense of anything. I'm sacrificing other things instead, but I think it's worth it.

A few weeks ago I started gathering images for reference boards because visual reference is the best kind of reference. It'll make our lives easier when out shopping for furniture and props, we'll know exactly what type of styles and shapes to look for. It can also be posted and shared with friends and families because I think if we can borrow a lot of the props it would be best. If I say, "we need a table," everyone is going to come up with a thousand different styles of tables, but if I show you a picture and say, "I need a table that looks like this," we're going to have much more consistency. 



The Art Department has to kick it into full gear these upcoming weeks. Here are the tasks I've assigned us to do for the weekend:


Art Department Game Plan

Ania: 
Mood Board for Jasper
Mood Board for Stranger
Mood Board for Doctor
Mood Board for Fabrics: curtains, rugs, blankets, sheets (look at 40s and 50s patterns & styles)

Heather:  Light fixtures are the most important for Friday. 
Reference sheets for props & sets
   Living room: toys, light fixtures, 
   Kitchen: utensils, appliances, dishes, (stuff that would be in the kitchen, patterns and shapes of the dishes, etc.) 
   Study: bookshelves,  chairs
Alexis:
Budget Estimate
Breakdown Files into Movie Magic 
Finalize paint colors (talk to Phil after budget approval about purchasing)
List of repairs for house

For Monday:
Ania:
Storyboard progress? (I know you're working on them, but I would talk to Hunter about them.)
Location Reference (take the photos from Facebook and arrange them in a collage)
Heather:
Reference sheets for prop & sets 
  Dining room: tables, kitchen table/chairs, 
  Entrance: Picture frames, curtains

Alexis:
Set design sketches for each room (top, perspective- 2 angles)
  Kitchen
  Dining room
  Living room
  Entrance
  Study
  Bedroom
Finish Breakdown Files into Movie Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment