Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Tragedy at Emmitt Whistle's: Pre-Production Part 7

What a week! Last week at this time, we had a messed up blue room, no props, no wardrobe, no nothing! I'm happy to announce that we have the right color blue in the bedroom, most of our props and wardrobe for Emmitt! This was brought to us in part by Drew's family, my family, an antique shop whose name I need to get, teamwork and collaboration! I was getting pretty nervous about getting everything, but it's falling into place.



Last week, when Naomi and I went out to the house to finish painting, I made the blue room worse instead of fixing it. I tested the blue on an illustration board then I did a brown wash over it, I thought it was going to work out pretty well! I forgot to take into account the texture of the plaster walls...I also did not apply the wash very evenly, making it a hot mess. I fixed my mistake by repainting the room because my mistake shouldn't affect the project. All my actions must serve the project.


On Wednesday, we set out to work on the house. Heather and I painted the front door, started the exterior windows, and linoleum-ized the nasty counter.


Ali and I went thrifting a few times over the weekend and week trying to get Emmitt's clothes together. Ali is a master thrifter. She can spot the perfect pieces across the store. I'm so glad she was with me. Teamwork wins again! 

We're still missing work boots/wife beater in terms of Emmitt's costume.



No comments:

Post a Comment