Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Tragedy at Emmitt Whistle's: Pre-Production Part 5

We painted most of the house last Friday and I saw way too many spiders. Here's a photo Phil Garrett, our professor, took of Heather (Art Director) and me when we were painting the kitchen:


Now that I've seen the space and received a floorplan from Drew, I was able to draw up some sketches of the space. I'm starting to map out where different props will go.

The first go around of sketches:




Quick color studies I did last week: 




 



The blue paint I picked out was deceiving! It was a lot brighter than anticipated. I tried some test swatches at home this week to see if we can stain the wall with tea or do a brown wash over it to neutralize it. 


I grew up living in an old farmhouse and when we moved in, we found an old refrigerator in the basement. I fell in love with it. I had so many plans for this fridge! I was even going to turn it into a bookshelf at one point. However, my parents always wanted to get rid of it, but I begged them to keep it because I would use it someday I promised. We had that conversation many times throughout my life and a couple weeks ago, I called up my Mom and told her I finally had a use for the refrigerator!

 So in a few weeks, my mom and sister will be coming to Ohio with the beautiful refrigerator in tow. 

We have the fridge and now just need everything else! 



No comments:

Post a Comment